St. Nicholas School (Alphaville) is seeking to appoint an experienced, educational leader for the role of IB MYP Coordinator, to start in July 2024.
St Nicholas Alphaville is an all-aged school for students from 18 months to 16 years of age currently. We are authorised to offer the IB PYP and MYP, and we are currently in the candidacy stage of the IB DP, with authorisation expected by June 2024. The section currently has 144 students on roll in MYP 1 – 5.
Due to the needs of the school, this position is only suitable for candidates who already have middle leadership experience, and a sound working knowledge of the MYP framework. The successful candidate also needs to be looking for an exciting new challenge in a young and growing school.
The post holder must be a knowledgeable, caring, and supportive presence in the life of all students. They must be able to maintain a friendly, open, supportive relationship with all members of the school community. The MYP Coordinator must understand the school’s beliefs around learning, and model and promote the school’s values and mission through a positive attitude, work, and interactions at all times.
Required skills and attributes – Desirable (D) and Essential (E)
- Ability to offer a subject that they are willing to teach in the Secondary section (E);
- Demonstrable experience of a passion for education, and ability to inspire this passion in the learning community (E);
- Fluent English (E);
- Portuguese or another language (verbal and written) (D);
- Graduate in education (E)
- Postgraduate or further study in a relevant field (D);
- Experience and sound knowledge of the IB programmes, specifically the MYP (E);
- Experience and evidence of leading a team of education professionals (E);
- Experience and evidence of working with parents and building positive relationships (D);
- Experience and evidence of an international school setting (E);
- Experience in a variety of settings, contexts, and countries (D).
We offer a competitive salary and an international package to be discussed at the interview. Apply by submitting you updated CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, 09th February 2024, 12-noon.
However, the school reserves the right to interview suitable candidates and make an appointment before this deadline.
St Nicholas believes that students learn best when they are safe and secure, and the school has the responsibility to promote and protect the safety and wellbeing of all members of its community. All shortlisted candidates will be required to submit verified references from previous employers. During the visa application and work permit process, candidates must also present their criminal background checks for each country they have lived and worked in the past 10 years.