St Nicholas Alphaville is a vibrant, stimulating and happy multicultural environment. After 35 years of experience, the school opened a second campus among the rolling hills of a satellite city located approximately 30 minutes outside of the centre of São Paulo. The Alphaville campus is green and spacious with well-resourced, modern classrooms. The school currently educates 470 students across the campus and is growing rapidly each year. International mindedness is valued, promoted and celebrated. The school provides a balanced, rich, challenging and transformative education for its diverse body of students. The medium of instruction is English, although most students speak it as an additional language.
St Nicholas Alphaville currently runs from 18 months through Grade 10 and is adding an additional year group each academic year. Class sizes allow for up to 22/24 pupils with a full-time Class Teacher and Teaching Assistant. Additional Specialist Teachers are responsible for teaching specific curriculum areas including Portuguese, Art, Music, Drama, and PE. A Personalised Learning Department works together with teachers to provide individualised support for pupils to meet specific learning and language needs. St Nicholas offers the IB PYP curriculum and all teachers meet regularly with the Heads of section and the PYP Coordinator to plan for the learning experiences and assessment of pupils and discuss pupil progress. Teachers are given autonomy to innovate and be creative in their design of authentic, challenging and engaging learning experiences and are always well supported.
PYP Teacher in the Primary Section
St. Nicholas School is seeking to appoint a Primary Classroom Teacher for the Alphaville campus. The applicant must have three or more years’ experience who will enjoy working in a highly stimulating and dynamic international environment. Current experience teaching PYP is highly advantageous but not essential. Candidates should commit to IB philosophy and practice, to the highest standards of excellence and be prepared to work across the full primary age range. More information about St. Nicholas School can be found at www.stnicholas.com.br
Successful candidates are expected to have:
● A relevant degree and an internationally-recognised teaching qualification
● A minimum of three years’ teaching experience, as well as evidence of recent professional development
● Experience of teaching the PYP (Desirable)
● A commitment to inquiry-based learning and the school’s vision and mission
● A commitment to international mindedness and IB teaching philosophy (as found on www.ibo.org)
● A positive and optimistic attitude to students, learning and education
● Additional qualities to add to the school community, such as experience with extracurricular activities and/or sports
For expatriate teachers, St. Nicholas offers two year contracts, which are renewable by mutual consent and include:
● A competitive salary paid in Reais
● An overseas allowance paid locally
● Partially furnished accommodation
● Private medical plan (cost)
● Flights at the beginning and end of the contract
● Visa expenses
● Professional development opportunities
● An end of contract gratuity
● Fantastic students and staff to work with!
Working hours for all teachers are 07:45 to 16:15 (16:30 Wednesday for staff meetings
Start date: mid-July 2024
Letter of application should be addressed to the Head of School and accompanied by a curriculum vitae and the names of three referees. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th January 2024
Initial interviews to be held online w/c 22nd January 2024